Wednesday, August 06, 2008

On The Waterfront

During my short trip to Labuan, I stayed at the Waterfront hotel, a 4-star hotel located next to the Labuan port and shipyard.

The hotel was very nicely designed to look like a marina clubhouse and was surrounded by a well landscaped garden of shrubs, palm trees and flowers.

In front of the main entrance stood a huge fountain that, according to Mark, was placed there to improve the feng shui of the hotel.

As you can see from the pictures, it was a very sunny day in Labuan, perfect for sightseeing and sweating like a pig. :p

The hotel pool looked very inviting and it was a pity I didn't have enough time to take a dip as my itinerary was pretty full that day.

The room I stayed in was big and rather ordinary, but the huge balcony outside my room made up for it. Thanks to Mark, I got the 'seaview' room and man, did I get to view the sea!

This is a composite pic of the entire vista as seen from the balcony of my hotel room. I used Photoshop Elements to piece it together. Click on it to enlarge. This is my first time 'stitching', so be kind. :p

1 comment:

JamesOsani said...

I really enjoyed looking through the pictures from your Tailand trip as well as reading all the interesting tidbits of information.