Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rollin' With My Theme Song

I came across this song while browsing through a CD my mom asked me to buy for her when I was in Singapore a couple of weeks back. The lyrics of this song sums up my life up till now so well I am going to make it my theme song a la Ally McBeal. (Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about).

This song was recently remade by Mark Chestnutt (who?) but I prefer the original 1977 version by Charlie Rich. Gulp... I'm turning into my parents!


Rollin' With The Flow

Once there was a thought inside my head,
Before I reach thirty I'd be dead.
Now somehow on and on I go
I keep on rollin with the flow.

Folks said that I would change my mind.
I'd straighten up and do just fine.
Ahh, but I still love to rock and roll.
So I keep on rollin with the flow.

While guys my age are raising kids,
I'm raisin hell just like I did.
I've got a lot of crazy friends,
And they forgive me of my sins.

Some might be callin me a bum.
But I'm still out there havin fun.
And Jesus loves me, yes, I know.
So, I keep on rollin with the flow.

You can't take it with you when you're gone.
But I want enough to get there on.
And I aint ever growin' old,
If I keep on rollin with the flow.


No comments: